Living in Netherlands

A place to discuss about the country, its lifestyle and culture

Modérateur: Moderators thisforum.nl

Living in Netherlands

Messagepar GoDforbid » 30 Mai 2013 7:45

Hello people, i have a few questions if it's not to much trouble.

First of, my name, my real name is Vali and i am from Romania, yes, a fucking rumanian, but i like to work, not to steal or beg.
Speaking of stealing, that is the main reason i want to leave this shitty country and live somewhere else, like the Netherlands.
As you all know in '89 there was this big revolution in romania ( in fact it was coup d'état ) orchestrated by the people ( thieves ) who run's it or better said ruin's it, haha the funny thing is that romanians are so naive, jeebus they are naive, they elect the same people every 4 years, not the same guy but you get the picture, if not it's like this: who ever makes the most promises and the most ridiculous ones, wins the elections, and this shit happens every 4 years from the '90s till now ........so i had enough...wow am i a whiny bitch or what?

My questions:

Is there any chance for a roumanian to get work in Holland?
How hard is it to learn dutch?
In about 5 months my girlfriend and i we will have a son or a daughter, how expensive is life there?

Thank you.
GoDforbid

Re: Living in Netherlands

Messagepar frog » 30 Mai 2013 19:08

Hi GoDforbid !

Unfortunately, sorry I'm so honest with you, Romanians have not such a good name hier .
But you're you and you will have to show you're not wat most of the Dutch think about Romanians .

The Netherlands is no longer the "promise land "it used to be..
Lot of unemployement , recession ..

Dus think about it..Especially because you are about to become a father ..Im sure you want security and the best for je child .
And coming to the Netherlands is a challenge , you áre not sure to find wat you expect..

Anyway, wish you good luch whatever you decide ..
frog

Messagepar GoDforbid » 31 Mai 2013 7:35

Hello Mr. Frog.

Thank you for your honesty, honest people are my favorite kind :) but right now anywhere is better than Romania.
I will start putting money aside starting yesterday, and i will come to the Netherlands, besides...i like challenges :D, there for...challenge accepted!
I will also take your advise and show them that not all the romanians are the same, that will be easy because i know who and what i am.
I'm guessing knowing dutch language is a plus, so i'm going to start learning it, i have one year at my disposal.
Where are you living? how is life for you there? Please elaborate.

Thank you again for your honest and quick response, hope to read from you soon.

Have a good day and an even greater weekend!
GoDforbid

Messagepar bondjou » 31 Mai 2013 8:37

One good point for you. Your english seems to be at a good level.
There should not be too much difficulty to find a job in a call center, specially if besides english, you can speak other languages (russian, italian, ...).
You may start here: http://www.abroad-experience.com
Discuter avec un troll, c’est comme essayer de jouer aux échecs avec un pigeon. Tu as beau être très fort aux échecs, il arrive, renverse les pièces, chie sur l’échiquier et s’en va avec l’air supérieur comme s’il avait gagné. - Ref.: Tristan
bondjou
Animateur

Messagepar GoDforbid » 31 Mai 2013 8:48

Hey Bondjou.

Yes my english is quite good, believe it or not i've learned it from Cartoon Network when i was a child, i love cartoons :D
I also speak ein bissel deutsch and a little bit of french, but no russian, but i understand italian, my mother lives in Italy.....
I have one year to learn Dutch,i think it's plenty of time.

Thank you for your info.

Any information you guys can give will be much appreciated, and when i get there, i will put a few cases of beer on the line ;)

Thanx.
GoDforbid

Messagepar bondjou » 31 Mai 2013 9:54

GoDforbid a écrit:believe it or not i've learned it from Cartoon Network when i was a child, i love cartoons :D

Years ago, I did the same watching Mork & Mindy, Happy Days and M.A.S.H. on dutch television. :wink:
Discuter avec un troll, c’est comme essayer de jouer aux échecs avec un pigeon. Tu as beau être très fort aux échecs, il arrive, renverse les pièces, chie sur l’échiquier et s’en va avec l’air supérieur comme s’il avait gagné. - Ref.: Tristan
bondjou
Animateur

Messagepar GoDforbid » 31 Mai 2013 10:06

M.A.S.H. is one of the best sitcoms in the history of television.
GoDforbid

Messagepar frog » 31 Mai 2013 11:29

:)

I learned Dutch thanks to my husband ( and kids ) but also bij watching Dutch children-programs .

Its idd a good thing you speak English. I personally didnt vind it difficult to learn Dutch, although it may be a scary language at the beginning, :lol:

Ik dont know hoe your daily life is in Romania, so i cant compare with the Netherlands
Like I said earlier, the Netherlands is no longer the promised land it used to be..We suffer hier too of the economics "problems ".

Good luck with saving money :) and learning Dutch.
Its important you are wel prepared before you come hier , especially with a little child.

Again, good luck !!
frog

Messagepar GoDforbid » 31 Mai 2013 12:24

Ok so it's Mrs Frog then? :)

Thank you for your wishes, my life in Romania is living on a day to day, ( i'm constantly worried if tomorrow i will have enough food, and if i am able to pay the rent and the bills for the month ) and it is damn frustrating, especially that we are both working and by the end of the day we have nothing to show for it. This is Romania.........
i'm sure that in the Netherlands it must be better or at least bearable.....no, i'm sure it's better.
As for dutch learning i don't find it scary :) from what I've seen so far the hard part it's the pronunciation, but i'll manage that don't worry ;)

Again, thank you guys for all your help, but i'm not done yet, oh no :D i will be bothering you all year long, MUHAHAhahahaaa.
GoDforbid

Messagepar frog » 01 Juin 2013 17:44

Yes, its MRS Frog :D

from what I've seen so far the hard part it's the pronunciation, but i'll manage that don't worry ;)

And you have hands :D

Nowadays, its almost a" must "that both man en wive work to have 'comfortable "way of life.
But I guess that the social facilities here are better than in Romania.

You look ambitious and confident ! Good !
Where there's a will, there's a way :)
frog

Messagepar GoDforbid » 04 Juin 2013 8:33

Good morning people!

I have watched a dutch movie last night "SIMON" funny movie, but it was hard as hell :)), i was trying to listen to the words and read te subtitles at the same time and i was barely able to keep up, :)) that guy Simon he even laugh with an accent hahaha.

Do you guys have any advice on how to start learning ducth? i'm currently taking an online course but i want to some how include the language into my everyday life, if you know what i mean..

Thank you all.

Mrs Frog, thanks for your words:)
GoDforbid

Messagepar frog » 04 Juin 2013 18:40

Dutch is not such a difficult language ( grammar ) compared to the French language.
The most difficult is the prononciation.
I didnt take any Dutch lessons before I came here : I came with mijn knowledge of the English language + Deutsch.

As i early said, I used to watch children progs , my husband spoke Dutch ..

And further, doing my daily shopping..Pointing in the shops at what I wanted ( didnt use English because people would answer to me in English..I wasnt hier to learn English )and then "o,U wilt...... ..." .

Language immersion...
frog

Messagepar GoDforbid » 05 Juin 2013 11:12

Well, we don't have any dutch shops in romania :)) so that's out of the question :))

I think i will start watching lots of dutch movies and maybe listen to some music too, and continue with that online class of course, and by the time i get there i'm sure that i will be able to speak dutch at least at a conversational level.

Do you guys know any good dutch movies and bands? i have found a few movies on imdb.com, but maybe you have your favorites...

Thanks?
GoDforbid

Messagepar frog » 05 Juin 2013 20:44

Well, we don't have any dutch shops in romania :)) so that's out of the question :))

I meant here :D

I started learning Dutch here, immersion !The best way .
frog

Messagepar Edward Pionne » 07 Sep 2014 22:02

Well its a bit late to respond, perhaps u DO get this message?

Most normal Dutch people i know who have a buisnes dont mind to take a worker in that is from far away, IF he is able to do its job good!But ofcourse , finding a new job that suits u is always difficult, doesnt differ/matter where u go to on this planet.
Edward Pionne

Retourner vers Discussion about the Netherlands