Online Shopping usage in Netherlands

A place to discuss about the country, its lifestyle and culture

Modérateur: Moderators thisforum.nl

Online Shopping usage in Netherlands

Messagepar ivolo001 » 18 Déc 2013 19:54

I am doing some research on the shopping trends in Netherlands and would like to know what products do consumers there buy the most online, if any all. What keywords, phrases or words would you use to search those items (can be in Dutch or English). If you buy products online, what items do you usually look for that are not available in your country? If you could please comment below, it would be very helpful. Thanks! :D
ivolo001

Re: Online Shopping usage in Netherlands

Messagepar everythinginenglish. » 03 Aoû 2014 14:44

The most popular online shop in the Netherlands would be bol.com I think. They sell mostly books, CDs and DVDs but also other, less popular items. Another online shop that is very succesfull is H&M, though they have "real" shops too. They sell predominantly clothing. Other popular shops are Zalando (clothing and shoes), Amazon and probably also the OV-Chipcard e-shop, which sells credit for public transport (though you do need to pick that up yourself at a machine inside bus or tram).
Your portal to the Netherlands in English
everythinginenglish.

Messagepar adilmalik » 19 Sep 2014 6:47

Thank you again for your time, if you or someone else could provide me with the average, or at least what's considered as minimum, amount of hours taught in english I would have this country's data covered
Whether you want to pass College of Mount Saint Vincent exams or looking for pass4sure certification can provide guaranteed success in real exam.
adilmalik

Messagepar everythinginenglish. » 11 Déc 2014 20:12

What exactly do you mean, at primary school? That greatly depends on school and region. Obviously, in the area where English is the most spoken language (Statia/Saba), English is taught from the very first year at primary school (age 4) and all classes are taught in English, except perhaps Dutch class. In Amsterdam, many schools teach billingual Dutch/English, teaching half of all subjects in Dutch, half in English, as of the first year at primary school. By law, schools must at least teach two hours per week English class as of the sixth year at primary school (age 9) anywhere in the country. Many primary schools however start teaching English at an earlier stage. In secondary school, English is a compulsory exam subject for all pupils, one cannot succeed secondary education without passing English exam. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_Netherlands for more details about the language situation in the Netherlands.
Your portal to the Netherlands in English
everythinginenglish.

Retourner vers Discussion about the Netherlands