Living in Amsterdam and working in Rotterdam

Dedicated to questions about family, healthcare, education transportation, sports, legal issues (...)

Modérateur: Moderators thisforum.nl

Living in Amsterdam and working in Rotterdam

Messagepar Kannelyarvi » 05 Sep 2015 9:22

I am considering to relocate to Netherlands. The potential work place is based in Rotterdam, however I would like to live in Amsterdam since I want to send my 2 kids to the school which is located there.
Is it possible to live in Amsterdam or its southern suburbs and to work in Rotterdam?
Meaning - to take train to work and backwards 5 days a week? Or does it sound completely crazy?
The question is both about how much time it's supposed to take and the pricing.
I saw there exist train discount cards if you take trains on a daily basis, but I could not figure out how much it's supposed to cost.
Kannelyarvi

Re: Living in Amsterdam and working in Rotterdam

Messagepar pwi » 05 Sep 2015 17:09

This will take about 1h - 1h15 for the train alone.
Price about 400 euros/month

If you add 2x 15 minutes to go to the stations on either side + the usual service by NS...1h45 at least.

So i I'd say...no.

Better live in Rotterdam, The Hague or Leiden.

And local schools can be ok too...
La mauvaise foi est un art
pwi

Messagepar Kannelyarvi » 05 Sep 2015 18:12

I am sure that local schools are ok...the problem is we are relocating from abroad and my oldest child (9.5 years old) speaks neither Dutch, nor English. I would like to get her enrolled in a Jewish school at the beginning, to make the adoption softer. And these can be found only in Amsterdam :(
Kannelyarvi

Messagepar pwi » 06 Sep 2015 16:53

Kannelyarvi a écrit:I am sure that local schools are ok...the problem is we are relocating from abroad and my oldest child (9.5 years old) speaks neither Dutch, nor English. I would like to get her enrolled in a Jewish school at the beginning, to make the adoption softer. And these can be found only in Amsterdam :(

If a jewish is absolutely necessary then there is only Amsterdam. But normally children that age an learn a new language quite fast.
La mauvaise foi est un art
pwi

Retourner vers Help and Advice