QUICK Help with simple phrase PLEASE!!!

Dedicated to questions about family, healthcare, education transportation, sports, legal issues (...)

Modérateur: Moderators thisforum.nl

QUICK Help with simple phrase PLEASE!!!

Messagepar Amyra » 23 Fév 2016 8:08

Can anyone PLEASE tell me if the phrase/statement in Dutch beneath makes perfect sense, ând whether something is mispelled or missing?

"Stichting amsterdamsch conservatorium, van de maatschappij tot bevordering der toonkunst, afdeeling amsterdam diploma voor TERESA MARIA leerling van het conservatorium in de studiejaren 1999-2001, die op September 2001 met gunstig gevolg Eindexamen heeft afgelrgd voor het hoofdvak: zang jazz. (Or Bachelor in Jazz! Ps: Is the word "Bachelor" or similar in the above description?) "

PS* Note to the skeptics(I would be a little too! lol)! This is NOT for some fake diploma I didnt earn... I did study Jazz at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam for almost 3 years after getting na Associate's degree elsewhere. Unfortunately, by enrolling and paying the Conservatory directly (rather than doing a MUCH more expensive study abroad program though the University of Miami!) they could not transfer my previous credits over... Thus all I got was a certificate reflecting my grades and time studied there - bureocracy! But I need to add this wording to the image of my certificate or I will not get a job I desperately need in South América.

I truly hope someone can help me asap, as I need to presente this by tomorrow end of the business day at the latest! Praying here to find a kind sould, thank you!!
Amyra

Re: QUICK Help with simple phrase PLEASE!!!

Messagepar pwi » 23 Fév 2016 9:09

Yes this is correct Dutch, although a little oldfashioned - probably formal language that is used for certificates.

The word Bachelor does not specifically figure there, but it is the word "Eindexamen" - 'final exam' that does the trick, together with "met gunstig gevolg" - 'with positive outcome'.
It states that you successfully finished their study programme for singing jazz.
La mauvaise foi est un art
pwi

Messagepar Amyra » 23 Fév 2016 14:13

Thank you so much!!!

One thing I wanted to change, so that it isn't so old fashioned, is the word Amsterdamsch - would I change it to Amsterdam or Amsterdams??

The Certificate looks pretty modern, so I should probably worry about that a little.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated!
Amyra

Messagepar Amyra » 23 Fév 2016 21:48

Can anyone help me with this last question please?
Amyra

Messagepar Amyra » 23 Fév 2016 22:15

Does it fit better if, in the end of the sentence, I write:

"...met gunstig gevolg eindexamen heeft afgelegd voor het hoofdvak:

Bachelor (van?) Jazzmuziek,
Jazzmuziek Bachelor,
Bachelor Jazz
or Jazz Bachelor
or even Bacheloropleiding Jazz?

Confused! This has to go in right! Please Help!
Amyra

Messagepar pwi » 24 Fév 2016 8:59

If you are quoting a text on the certificate, do not change anything to it. If it says Amsterdamsch (which is archaïc) leave it that way.
La mauvaise foi est un art
pwi

Retourner vers Help and Advice